Posted: 25 December, 2020
Organization: Plan International (International Plan)
Location: Maroua (Cameroon)
Plan International is an independent non-profit development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. However, these are often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. In addition, it is girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. Moreover, we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
The post-holder will organize and manage the support functions above noted to accompany the projects implementation. The holder is responsible for assessment, design/revision, start-up, budget management, and implementation of emergency support functions activities for multiple projects. He/She will provide technical support to actively put into place as well as to ensure the management of a strong supply chains, support and capacity build the logistics, procurement and warehousing staffing to provide high quality logistical operating platform for Plan’s emergency response in the Far North of Cameroon.
- Providing functional leadership and support within emergency response settings, including the assessment, design, start-up, budget management, and implementation of humanitarian supply chain activities for multiple projects, and Emergency Response Manager
- Rapid response workforce planning including recruitments, intensive training and situational, supportive management for logistics, procurement and administrative staff as necessary.
- Coordination and reporting including Logistics Cluster engagement and civil-military liaison in collaboration with the security officer.
- Lead and/or oversee the rapid scale up of procurement activities including the identification of international and local sourcing options, management of downstream supply pipeline, contracting of goods, services and works suppliers, and liaising with programmes and finance and whilst at all times providing assurance, implementation and appropriate controls.
- Provide oversight and direction to inventory and warehouse management across multiple projects including GIK management which may include setting up of temporary warehouses and transit hubs, renting of warehousing space, contingency stock management and the receipt of donations.
- Oversight and development of fleet management and transport operations for emergency response including co-ordinating with existing country office operations to identify needs, acquire and utilise a variety of modes to meet the emergency response requirements needs safely and effectively.
- Responsible for the rapid identification and setting up of office and staff accommodation, and other premises in a changing and volatile environment.
- Coordinate asset management for all emergency response assets including; donor liaison, disposal plans asset verification, compliant purchasing.
- Ensure suitable accommodation and transport is in place for deployed humanitarian response staff, and consultants, together with guidelines and communication needs to keep such personnel informed, briefed, and safe.
- Work with programmes team to coordinate emergency response distributions, including multi-partner planning, site set up, security, local authority liaison, and material resource planning.
- Providing technical input in project operational planning, enabling fast and effective delivery to meet humanitarian needs, as well as ensuring that they are in line with donor guidelines and operations manual regarding implementation and reporting.
- Collaboration with other response team members (e.g. market assessment and infrastructure/supply chain assessments.
- Be an active team member in the kick-off of new projects.
- Support the preparation of logistics/procurement budget of the Response (both at project and master budget levels)
- Work closely with ICT Officer to organize the installation of office communications / information management facilities and systems where necessary.
- Provide supervision and oversight of Program Unit operations to ensure a clean, hygienic and risk-free working environment in line with occupational health and safety guidelines.
- Oversee and coordinate efficient use of Plan International resources during and after procurement.
- Evaluates adequacy of office space requirements, ensure identification of office technology needs and maintenance of equipment, software and systems, coordinating enhancements as necessary.
Ensuring that contracts, leases and other agreements are properly maintained and updated.
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviours, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience of leading emergency response supply chain function(s) at a country level, in disaster response contexts.
- Experience in start-ups and implementation of donor grant projects, good knowledge of donor rules and regulations across humanitarian supply chain functions.
- Technical background across all aspects logistics and supply chain management, including, procurement, warehousing, fleet management and humanitarian distributions.
- Experience of contributing to market and rapid needs assessments, contributing to emergency response and project plans.
- Experience and knowledge of humanitarian supply chain management.
- Knowledge and experience of risk and fraud identification and management, including short term mitigation strategies.
- Knowledge and/or experience of non-traditional, non-direct supply chain delivery modalities, including working with local partners and working with markets and cash based delivery would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of working with an ERP (e.g. SAP) or other supply chain management IT solutions would be an advantage.
- Ability to coordinate and organise within a fluid working environment and has a capacity for initiative and decision making with competent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills. Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills with an ability to focus both on internal issues as well as external demands.
- Proven people management & interpersonal skills (role model in motivating, developing and supporting others), including performance management and the ability to apply situational leadership and applying coaching methods.
- Ability to communicate in French is an advantage since the humanitarian response is in a French speaking Region of Cameroon.
- Committed to Plan International’s strategy and values.
- Experienced with working with senior management.
- Team player and relationship builder.
- Able to work calmly under extreme pressure, volatile & insecure environment and at unpredictable (long) hours during emergency response.
To apply for this job, kindly click on "Apply". Your application should include:
- A cover letter
- A comprehensive CV including details of two referees, one of whom should be your current of most recent supervisor
Location: Yaounde – CAMEROON
- Closing date: 05th January 2021
Females candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Plan International Cameroon operates in an equal opportunity environment and actively encourages diversity. Only applications received in French or English, will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Plan international has a child protection and gender equality policies that are integral part of the recruitment process.