UNDP helps the people and government of Bangladesh to create a more sustainable, peaceful, innovative and resilient economy, environment and society. The UNDP’s work helps our partners to improve the quality of Bangladeshi governance and reduces poverty and inequality in cities and villages across the country. It promotes new and innovative energy and climate solutions and helps to make Bangladesh a leader in disaster preparation and management. It assists society’s most vulnerable, helping women, youth and minorities access justice and opportunities, to ensure no one is left behind.
Over 700,000 refugees, mainly the Rohingya, have fled violence across the border from Myanmar into Cox’s Bazar District since 25 August 2017. The rapid influx of these refugees into areas with high baseline levels of poverty and environmental vulnerability has put immense strain on infrastructure, services and the host population. The population movement from the border to the permanent camps has left routes and temporary settlement sites damaged. There is increased competition for natural resources and daily labour opportunities, wear and tear on community infrastructure and road has increased significantly, and agricultural land has been converted to settlement sites.
In response to this crisis, UNDP has completed a comprehensive development impact assessment of the host communities and areas. Preliminary findings show that increased support to host communities is necessary to stabilize livelihoods, restore damaged and stressed infrastructure and ecosystems, and increase local understanding of the humanitarian response. UNDP has established a Sub-office in Cox’s Bazar to implement several projects to support the host communities and Rohingya refugees. UNDP projects includes Disaster management, Solid Waste Management and social cohesion, and livelihoods portfolios.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the overall supervision of the Operations Manager, Cox’s Bazar Crisis Response Office, the Administration Associate will support Administration functions on behalf of UNDP Crisis Response Office in Cox’s Bazar to successfully deliver operations services. Assist to compliance of Cox´s Bazar Crisis Response Office Administration and financial functions with UNDP rules, regulations and policies, implementation of corporate operational strategies, establishment of management targets and monitoring achievement of results.
General Administration Support:
- Provide general administration and logistical management support to UNDP-CXB Operations and cluster in full compliance with UNDP rules & regulations;
- Assists timely procurement of goods, works and services for the projects;
- Assist to prepare programme budget & AWP for projects;
- Provide organizational and administrative support in implementation of project activities including organization of roundtables, workshops, trainings, meetings and other events;
- Assist to prepare annual procurement plan of all projects and update procurement plan in PROMPT system. Ensure e-Requisition in UNDP Atlas system for procurement of goods and services;
- Support the projects in procurement process and coordinate with UNDP-CXB Operations including assist for preparation of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs documents, Micro-purchasing canvass, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, and their preliminary evaluation.
Travel and Transport Support:
- Regular review of Internal Travel Authorization (ITA), arrange air-tickets, processing Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA);
- Assist project staffs to upload travel report in T&E Module in Atlas system and process travel/DSA payment timely;
- Handling vehicle management functions like vehicle scheduling, review monthly vehicle movement sheet/log sheet and renewal insurance, fitness, registration etc prior to expiry;
- Prepare all administrative documents and maintain file systematically;
- Supervise and monitor duties/ activities of drivers and messengers of Sub-office.
Asset Management Support:
- Ensure projects assets management functions, like receive, assign, physical counts, reporting and proper documentation;
- Assist asset transfer/disposal as per UNDP asset management guideline;
- Update asset list including ICT equipment;
- Assist in day to day administrative support for smooth operation of project activity in the field;
- Provide support in HR documentation and Maintain leave record of project staff;
- Assist Projects team for small cash procurement for various activity for the project under PCA;
- Assist to Payment process for consultants and vendors;
- Maintain project cash advance and ensure invoices/bills as per UNDP policy/rules.
- Assist Operations Manager in contract management;
- Drafting of Letter of Agreements, Memorandum of Understandings, Cost-sharing agreements, Fund release letter, Contracts with implementing partners, and other such documents as per UNDP’s rules, regulations, and formats in close coordination with project administration and finance associate;
- Oversee the management of various contracts with implementing partners—government entities, NGOs, UN agencies, etc;
- Ensure the compliance of all the provisions of guidelines regarding personnel management, procurement, sub-contract and financial management;
- Maintain liaison and due coordination support with relevant agencies and Projects stakeholders;
- Any other activities/tasks as assigned by the supervisor for day to day general administrative support/common services support for smoothly running Sub-office operations.
- Promotes UN’s values and ethical standards (tolerance, integrity, respect, results orientation, impartiality);
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Management and Leadership
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills.
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral):
- Sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners;
- Respectful and helpful relations with all UN/UNDP staff.
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to provide administrative functions;
- Mandatory knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office.
Leadership & Self-Development
- Focuses on results and responds positively to feedback;
- Cconsistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexity;
- Self-development, Initiative taking;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in any discipline. Having Masters in any discipline will be an added advantage
- A minimum Five years’ relevant experience in field of Admin and Logistics support service;
- Persons having experience in District/Upazila level Development project will be given preference;
- Experience in documentation, record keeping and filling;
- Experience in providing program and project support;
- Working experience with UN or INGO will be given preference;
- Experience of development planning and budgeting preferred;
- Familiarity with UN agencies, SDGs framework and information management preferred.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Bangla.
- Experience in working with all Microsoft Office programmes.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, ethnicity and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and people living with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.