Posted: 9 January, 2021
Organization: FHI 360 (FHI 360)
Associate Director Finance and Operations, Haiti HIV Project
FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, and technology—creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Associate Director Finance and Operations for an upcoming CDC-funded project in Haiti.
Funded by the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the project will seek to provide Comprehensive Access to HIV/AIDS Care and Treatment, and Prevention Services for Key Populations in Haiti, specifically Sex Workers, Transgender persons, and Men who have Sex with Men (MSM). The project will support facility-based and community-based service delivery models and interventions designed specifically for key populations. It will also support increased access to services, education, and awareness to reduce stigma and discrimination, and capacity building for local and community organizations. Services will be implemented and monitored in collaboration with the Government of Haiti, other multilateral and bilateral donors, and civil society.
The Haiti Associate Director Finance and Operations will have overall responsibility for general operations, logistics, business support, financial and compliance functions for the project in Haiti, under the oversight of the FHI 360 regional management team. This position is critical in ensuring high quality performance while managing risk and closing compliance gaps. They will be responsible for day to day logistical operations, financial planning, and providing financial recommendations and information to executive management. S/He will develop systems and communicate effectively to improve organizational ability across the board and ensure efficient operations.
Availability of position is contingent upon funding and approval of key personnel.
- Support the Project Director to ensure the overall project goals and objectives are et, all deliverables are provided, stakeholders are engaged, all project staff are appropriately managed and supported, and results are achieved. Participate in management decisions as needed and identified by the Project Director
- Provide operational, logistical and financial support to the project and ensure successful implementation of the work plan and achievement of the project’s targets and goals.
- Ensure compliance with FHI 360 and CDC financial and accounting procedures, rules and regulations; Maintain expenditure and financial filing systems; Oversee development of financial reports; Manages the operational and strategic functions for the finance department to ensure compliance and efficiency.
- Direct all project procurement activities including equipment, supplies, and consulting agreements in compliance with CDC and FHI 360 rules and regulations. Prepares procurement packages for review and approval by FHI 360 HQ as needed.
- Develop and implement logistics plans and procedures to maximize compliance with directives within budget constraints. Ensure inventories are regularly updated and accurate.
- Conduct regular and effective monitoring of overall budget and specific budget activity budgets and grantee budgets including overseeing the review of local cost sheets, preparation of pipelines for locally generated expenses and use of budget and financial tracking information for effective program management, planning, and decision making.
- Coordinate development of new subgrants and subgrants modifications for approval by FHI 360 HQ contract team and CDC. Oversee grants management including review and approval of advance requests, spending reconciliation and updated pipelines
- Support development of quality deliverables including reports, workplans and other documents as needed per donor requirements by implementing efficient practices.
- Provide training to staff members on best operational and financial practices. Develops training materials as required to support staff members.
- Direct Human resources activities including recruitment, compensation, and career development. Ensures that all administrative management, policies, and procedures for the Project are consistent with those of FHI 360.
- Bachelor’s degree or its international equivalent, preferably with a focus on Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Business Administration or a related Field
- A minimum of 8 years of experience with progressively increasing responsibility working in logistics, operations, finance and project management.
- Prior experience in providing practical and technical logistics support to project teams in the form of project planning and preparation and management of budgets
- Experience with donors such as USAID and CDC, experience with PEPFAR reporting a plus.
- Knowledge and past experience with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, automated financial reporting, and government policies related to financial regulation
- Demonstrated ability through previous experience to establish and maintain productive working relationships with a variety of team members and clients
- Previous experience working in a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO).
- Familiarity with the demands of cultural and gender diversity relating to KPs especially sex workers, MSM, and transgender persons.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in French and English.
- Experience in Haiti strongly preferred;
- Ability to travel within country or region and internationally as needed.
Suitably qualified candidates openly living with HIV and/or who are representative of the key populations affected by HIV are also actively encouraged to apply. Preference for Haitien national and candidates based in Haiti.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employerwhereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.