Transaction Advisor, USAID Bangladesh Advancing Development and Growth through Energy (BADGE) ActivityPosted: 10 January, 2021
Organization: RTI International (RTI)
Around the globe, RTI is working to develop and implement low emission energy technology alternatives, raise private financing for energy infrastructure, work with governments on legal and regulatory reforms to alleviate bottlenecks in energy generation and consumption, and increasing access to green energy to sustain economic growth and reduce poverty. We serve as a chosen partner for USAID’s Power Africa program in sub-Saharan Africa, and we are looking to support the development of sound energy infrastructure, enabling energy sector reforms, and grow sustainable, secure energy markets in the South Asia region.
RTI’s Energy practice area is currently accepting applications for a Transaction Advisor for an anticipated five-year, USAID-funded activity to improve energy security and resilience in Bangladesh through better access to affordable, reliable and sustainable energy systems and transparent and efficient energy markets.
Under the direction of the Deputy Chief of Party, the Transaction Advisor will lead the advisory and consulting services on evaluation of proposed projects, development of diverse transaction advisory services, and timely completion of projects in the BADGE investment portfolio Based in Dhaka, they will manage technical implementation across BADGE regions in Bangladesh.
Position is contingent upon award and funding.
- Lead the conceptualization, development, and execution of projects identified under BADGE
- Lead the advisory and consulting services on evaluation of proposed projects, development of diverse transaction advisory services, and timely completion of projects in the BADGE investment portfolio
- Provide technical guidance to government partners, private sector, non-governmental organizations, and community-based investments in the risk assessment and management of energy projects
- Apply broad knowledge of energy sector policies, regulations and energy project development and/or operation in the Bangladesh context
- Additional specific tasks and duties to be assigned as necessary to fulfill deliverables
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in economics, finance, engineering, or public administration, or a relevant field and at least 12 years of technical work experience; or a Bachelor’s degree and least 15 years of experience; or a PhD and at least 8 years of experience
- 10 years of experience in advising, developing, and implementing projects in the energy and environment sector
- Demonstrated experience in conceptualizing, designing, and developing projects from conceptual stage to operation
- Relevant experience in minimizing risks of complex transactions
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking/planning, management, and presentation skills
- Written and oral English language fluency. Bengali language skills preferred