Posted: 20 April, 2021
Organization: Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: Dedication, Innovation, Inclusivity and Accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Role and responsibilities
The Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Technical Officer supports the ICT Coordinator in providing technical support to all NRC staff, helping develop and implement ICT standards and policies, and providing technology support and solutions to meet the needs of the organization. The ICT Team Leader will help in the implementation and management of the software applications and hardware infrastructure that support NRC operations.
- Implement and train staff on NRC ICT policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, handbooks, and guidelines.
- Line manage all related ICT staff in the Country Office and provide technical support to the ICT teams in the Area Offices.
- Provide daily follow up on all related activities.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement.
- Ensure capacity building of relevant staff in Country and Area Offices and transfer key skills.
- Prepare periodic related reports, advise on best practices, and suggest improvements.
- Deliver timely and high quality ICT hardware, software, and services to the country programme.
- Ensure that all NRC systems are fully compliant with information security requirements and data privacy standards.
- Ensure that NRC’s related activities are implemented within NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and report any breaches/concerns to the line manager and/or focal point for proper action.
- Develop new tools for NRC’s Digital Transformation journey. Coordinate with Support and Programme key stakeholders for introducing innovative digital solutions, roll out new digital systems and tools, and plan training sessions for staff accordingly.
- Elevate usage of Office 365 apps among NRC staff. Utilize the Office 365 ecosystem to introduce new tools for digitalizing current NRC procedures, using – but not limited to – Microsoft SharePoint and Power Apps.
- Provide reports on laptops conditions, printers consumptions, bandwidth utilization, and similar indicators needed for the healthy run of ICT operations.
- Monitor the Meraki dashboard to ensure proper network performance and bandwidth utilization, and advise on needed optimizations.
- Follow up closely on the Meraki dashboard security logs, as well as generated reports from the antivirus software, and take action wherever needed.
- Design the network infrastructure for new NRC premises.
- Assign and delegate tasks to the ICT Officer in Beirut Office, and monitor his\her performance to ensure all goals set for the position are being met.
- Raise Information Security awareness using NRC’s standard platforms.
- Provide first-level support to NRC staff, including network, software, and hardware troubleshooting.
- Test new equipment and applications and provide thorough feedback. Schedule software upgrades and patches proactively.
- Ensure that all software on NRC computers and networking equipment are licensed.
- Introduce new staff to NRC systems using the ICT induction guidelines and applied onboarding procedures.
- Prepare the Asset Disposal Plan for ICT assets on a periodic basis, and provide technical assistance to the Logistics team throughout the entire process.
- Provide procurement assistance to staff.
- Assist in developing and updating ICT procedures and guidelines with proper documentation.
- Digital Transformation staff
- Information Management staff
- Regional and global ICT staff
- Bachelor degree in IT, Computer Science, CCE, or relevant computer domain
- 3 years of experience in IT and digital solutions
- Proven experience in the Microsoft Office 365 ecosystem
- Good computer networking skills, preferably with the Cisco Meraki cloud platform
- Well knowledgeable about technology and Information Security trends
- Proficiency in English, both written and spoken
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Coping with change
- Managing Performance and development
- Communicating with impact and respect